Here are the key openings and dates in our history - we're proud of our steady growth and expansion since 1945!
1945 – Opened Purvis Bros. Auto Supply by Cecil and George Purvis
1948 – Name changed to Purvis Automotive Supply
1950 – Started Purvis Bearing Service
1954 – Started Plastic Domino Mfg. Co.
1956 – Closed Purvis Automotive Supply
1960 – Moved from 11 th and Franklin to present location in Waco
1972 – Changed from partnership to Purvis Bearing Service, Inc.
1974 – Opened first branch store in Temple, TX
1979 – Opened Corsicana, TX branch
1981 – Opened a motor shop in Corsicana as part of the branch.
1982 – Opened San Antonio, TX branch
1984 – Bought Granbury Bearings in Dallas, TX
1987 – Opened Austin, TX branch
1988 – Bought Power Dynamics Dallas and Ft. Worth, TX
1991 – Opened Pharr (McAllen), TX branch
1993 – Opened El Paso, TX branch
1994 – Relocated the Dallas branch to it's present position
1995 – Opened Corpus Christi, TX
Relocated the Corporate office to Dallas, bought A&T Bearings adding Denton, Bridgeport, Graham, Greenville, and McKinney.
1996 – Bought Bearing & Chain Supply in Houston, TX (2 locations)
1997 – Bought combined operations of Southwest Bearing, Power Drives and Components, and East Texas Bearing to bring total number of branch locations to 20.
2000 – Started CAPCORP with acquisition of Amerimex in Bryan, TX, and opened co-located branch.
Acquired Commercial Bearings in Texarkana, TX
Opened CAPCORP location in San Antonio, TX
2001 – Opened Stephenville and Wichita Falls, TX branches
Acquired Belting and Accessories in Houston, TX and converted to CAPCORP location
Acquired Bearing and Drives, Little Rock, AR
2002 – Opened Mineral Wells, TX branch
2003 – Opened Stuttgart, AR, Jonesboro, AR, & Beaumont, TX branches
Built and moved branch location in Paris and Nacogdoches, TX
Acquired Trico in Fort Worth, TX and converted to CAPCORP location
2004 – Opened Waxahachie, TX branch
2007 – Opened Eagle Lake, TX branch
Acquired Belt Tech, Shreveport, LA
2008 – Opened Carlsbad, NM and Las Cruces, NM
2009 – Acquired Bearing Belt Chain, Las Vegas, NV, Kingman, AZ and St. George, UT
Acquired Bearing Service & Supply, San Angelo, TX
2010 – Opened Batesville, AR, Ft. Smith, AR, Tulsa, OK, and Ardmore, OK
Acquired Belt Maintenance Group, Mt. Pleasant, TX and converted to CAPCORP location and co-located branch
2011 – Opened Phoenix, AZ, Oklahoma City, OK & Blytheville, AR
Acquired Bearing Solutions, Houston, TX and Odessa, TX
2012 – Opened Albuquerque, NM
2013 – Acquired Bates Sales Company and The Mine Supply Company / IMSCO with their 14 locations headquartered in St. Louis, MO
2014 – Opened Lafayette, LA, Denver, CO, & Grand Junction, CO
2015 – Opened Amarillo, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Baton Rouge, LA (Purvis & CAPCORP)
Acquired Animas Bearing & Oilfield Supply, Farmington, NM
Acquired Industrial Mining Supply & Sun Belt Supply, Phoenix, AZ and Elko, NV
Acquired Acadiana Bearing in Lafayette, LA
2016 - Opened Casper, WY & Billings, MT
2017 - Acquired A&W Bearings in Dallas, TX, Garland, TX, and Nacogdoches, TX
2018 - Opened Odessa, TX
Acquired PICOR of Junction City, TN
Acquired Powder River Power in Gillette, WY